Pre-requisite – Mass Additions Create Rules for Import from Payables to Fixed Assets
Mass Additions Create will only create mass addition lines under certain circumstances. Please check that you have invoice lines that satisfy the following criteria.
A) Conditions for ASSET Invoice Line Distributions to be imported:
1. The line is charged to an account set up as an Asset account.
2. The account is set up for an existing Asset Category as either the Asset Clearing Account or the CIP Clearing Account.
3. The Track as Asset checkbox is checked. (It is automatically checked if the account is an Asset account).
4. The invoice is approved.
5. The invoice line distribution is posted to Oracle General Ledger from Payables.
The General Ledger date on the invoice line distribution is on or before the date you specify for the Mass additions create (FAMACR) program.
If you use the multiple organizations feature, your Payables operating unit must be tied to the same General Ledger as the corporate book for which you want to run
B) Conditions for EXPENSED Invoice Line Distributions to be imported:
1. The invoice line distribution is charged to an Expense account.
2. The Track As Asset box is manually checked.
3. The invoice is approved.
4. The invoice line distribution is posted to Oracle General Ledger from Oracle Payables.
5. The General Ledger date on the invoice line distribution is on or before the date you specify for the FAMACR program.
6. Your installation of Payables must be tied to the same General Ledger as the corporate book for which you want to run FAMACR.
Steps to perform FA Addition from Payables
The Create Mass Additions for Oracle Assets process sends valid invoice line distributions and associated discounts from Payables to an Interface table (FA_MASS_ADDITIONS) in Oracle Assets. Then the lines can be reviewed to determine whether to create assets from those lines.
When Mass Addition Lines move from AP to FA, in R12, the tax and VAT lines are automatically merged with the parent item line. Hence, lines from AP come in pairs in FA – A parent line along with an associated child line (VAT, tax etc).
If requirement is to disable this auto merge then refer following support note for additional patch that’s needed to be applied.
How to Disable the ‘Auto-Merge’ Feature for Create Mass Additions in R12.1? (Doc ID 1540186.1)