Accounting entries and Create Accounting details for Asset Additions
- Accounting Entries and Creating Accounting details
For all Fixed Assets Addition types, the accounting entry remains the same:
- Table populated prior to Create Accounting – Assets program run
This table stores all the accounting entries corresponding to the Financial Transactions performed on the Asset.
The significant fields are:
- Transaction_Header_ID – Links to FA_TRANSACTION_HEADERS table
- Source_Type_Code – Signifies the type of transaction. In this case – ADDITION
- Adjustment_Type – The account to which the entry is passed. For Addition, there are two accounts to be hit:
- Cost Clearing
- Debit_Credit_Flag – Signifies whether a Debit Or Credit is performed on the account.
- Adjustment_Amount – The amount that is accounted. In this case, the cost of the asset.
- Distribution_ID – Links to the FA_DISTRIBUTION_HISTORY (Signifying the Assignments to which the asset is associated with)
- Period_Counter_Created – The period in which the asset is added. This links to the FA_DEPRN_PERIODS.Period_Counter.
For Addition, this table creates two rows as per the two accounting entries associated with Addition:
2. Cost Clearing
- Tables populated post Create Accounting – Assets program run
Post running create accounting data in XLA table and accounting
Once create accounting is run events are in P/P status and below tables are populated with data.
XLA_AE_HEADERS -> Stores details when data is transferred to GL and GL transfer status code and based on ae_header_id and xla_ae_lines table is populated which also covers accounting entries
Here, this table also shows the accounts getting affected like asset cost is debited and asset clearing account in credited.
Ref: Doc ID 2160859.1