Why XLA_DISTRIBUTION_LINKS table cannot be used while reconciling to GL
- This table contains the link between transactions and subledger journal entry lines.
- Provide more accurate information as how GL lines or XLA_AE_LINES are derived from transactions.
- XLA_DISTRIBUTION_LINKS table is very helpful to debug any functional or technical issues related to transaction.
- XLA_DISTRIBUTION_LINKS table provide meaningful information regarding your Subledger accounting setup, configuration and customization’s.
- Anytime if you are debugging issues related to Subledger accounting setup and configuration this should be one of first table you should look at for your analysis.
- Also this table provides meaningful information regarding AP trial balance.
- No direct involvement in AP(Subledger) to GL Dataflow
- Accounting entries for Intercompany, Intracompany, Rounding and Balance etc won’t be present in xla_distributions_links.
- For reasons mentioned above in 6 and 7 this table cannot be used to reconcile your subledger balances to gl balances. So you should have your reports based on XLA_AE_LINES rather than XLA_DISTRIBUTION_LINKS table.